Warren Police Commissioner William Dwyer claims that the person living in the exploded house was in his 50s. He died in the Explosion. It was unclear if the man owned or rented the house. Due to pending notification of relatives, Dwyer stated his name will not be disclosed just yet. On Monday, more details will be announced.
“We were very fortunate that there was not more deaths and serious injuries,” he said. But, according to Dwyer, the Explosion was upsetting and frightening throughout the community. The blast happened late Sunday afternoon, leveling the deceased man’s condominium and sending debris into Warren’s Villa Pointe community along I-696.
Residents were astonished as they examined the blast’s impact on Monday while Warren firefighters dug through the wreckage. According to Mayor James Fouts, a third of the 12 residences in the condominium complex will have to be leveled, in addition to the home that has already been dropped. Additionally, many homes, even those in neighboring areas, have garages and windows that have been damaged.
The mayor said, “They haven’t determined whether it was a man-made natural gas Explosion or just a natural gas Explosion.” According to Fouts, investigators discovered the man killed in the blast in a flooded basement. A natural gas Explosion occurs when gas escapes from pipes, but an artificial gas Explosion occurs when someone turns on a gas oven, allowing gas to run. Vapors are ignited by a spark from a refrigerator or other equipment.Fouts complimented the Warren Fire Department for responding immediately and evacuating all residents. Residents who have been displaced are staying with relatives.